Intro & FAQ
- Overview of the Different Energetic Traditions – by Koujiryuu, Solstice, & Prophecy
Outlines several paradigms of practice including Qigong, Yoga, Psionics, High Magick and Low Magick. For each paradigm the authors describe the basic theory, various types and general characteristics of them, and provide a beginning exercise (Pushing Water for Qigong, Alternate Nostril Pranayama for Yoga, and Zen Meditation and Tathagata Zen for Psionics. For Magick, the authors recommend meditation in general, and state that there is no “beginning spell”).
- Should I Study Psi, Magick, or Chi? – by Kobok & Prophecy
Explains why focusing for a time on a particular path can be beneficial. Introduces the three systems along with their worldview, general approach, benefits to the practitioner, and the types of abilities and skills each system is most conducive to.
- Parapsychology or Psionics? – by Rainsong
Notes that the primary between parapsychology and psionics is that parapsychology is concerned with how psi works and testing it rigorously scientifically, while psionics is concerned with the practical aspects of how to get psi to work consistently. Explains the basics of how research is done and papers published in the scientific community. Includes recommendations for books from both disciplines.
- 2008 Autumn Series – Class 1: Introduction to Psionics – by Rainsong
A thorough introduction to the basics of psionics, including defining some common terms and describing the model of how psionics works that is taught by the Psionic Social Club. Includes several different exercises for generating and sensing energy, as well as introducing how to make a “cobweb” psiball.
- Energy Manipulation – by PsionicsOnline
Defines what energy constructs and other terms used to refer to them, as well as realistic expectations for those beginning to make them. Acknowledges the skepticism that many people have for constructs, while maintaining their usefulness in psionics.
A video adaptation of several of these questions can be found here.
- Psionic / Psychic Introduction Guide – by Sephectja & Metalforever
These articles started as an unfinished introductory guide to psionics and developing psychic abilities. It was later split up into separate articles with the overview and preface pages removed. Since the articles make more sense as a group I am still listing them as a unit and linking to each article here:
Unit #1: Preparation and Recall
Chapter 1: Psychic / Psionic Abilities Overview
Section 1: Telekinesis Basics
Section 2: Extra-Sensory Perception Basics
Section 3: Energy Construct Basics
Section 4: Mind-Body Phenomena Basics
Chapter 2: Psychic / Psionic Preparation
Section 1: Overview
Section 2: Common Meditation Techniques
Section 3: Progressive Relaxation
Section 4: Psychic Logs/Diaries
Section 5: Self Affirmations
Chapter 3: Learning Psionic / Psychic Abilities
What is Psi?
Psychic / Psionic Base Concepts
- Psychokinesis – by PsionicsOnline
Outlines the abilities included in the category of psychokinesis, as well as realistic expectations for those beginning to practice them. Briefly describes a few scientific studies of psychokinesis.
- Mind/Body – by PsionicsOnline
Outlines the abilities included in the category of mind/body phenomena and briefly describes each. Mentions the opinion of mainstream science about these phenomena.
- Frequently Asked Questions in Psionics (FAQ) – by PsionicsOnline
Answers to common questions about the practice of psionics, terminology, and the community.
- Extra-Sensory Perception (ESP) – by PsionicsOnline
Outlines the abilities included in the category of extra-sensory perception, as well as realistic expectations for those beginning to practice them. Briefly describes a few scientific studies of ESP.
- The Newbie Welcome Mat – by JediKaren
Explains what psi and psionics are and what they are not, and what being a psion means. Also gives an overview of the types of psionics communities available.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Psi – by Kobok
Answers to questions about the nature of psi, how psi relates to other magick, energy work, or religious systems, and how to learn or control various psi abilities.
- Basics Class 12: Questions and Answers – by Nevyn
A Q&A session for clarification of any topic covered up to that point in the class series. Included questions on meditation techniques covered, recommended frequency of centering and practice in general, methods of increasing sensitivity, astral parasites, psi healing methods, and recommended snacks.
- Research & Psi-Theory Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about scientific research, what psi is, and how psionic abilities work.
- Other Skills Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about Out of Body Experiences, Pendling, Dreams and Dreamwalking, Healing, Remote Presence, Phasing, and other skills.
- Miscellaneous Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about living with psionic abilities, how psionic abilities work, and many other topics.
- Psychokinesis Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about psychokinesis, including various applications of PK such as Pyro/Cryo-PK, Bio-PK, etc.
- Manipulation Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about psi manipulation abilities, including psiballs, shields, constructs, programming, etc.
- Perception Q&A – by PsiPog
Answers to various member-submitted questions about psionic perception abilities, including scanning, pinging, telepathy, empathy, remote viewing, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions – by The Psion Guild
Answers various questions about terminology, energy types, learning psionics, practicing and verifying specific abilities, whether psionics can be proven, how to stay healthy while practicing, what to do if you think you injured yourself or were attacked, whether particular hands should be used for receiving vs. projecting, karma and the threefold law, as well as questions specific to the Psion Guild.
- Common Misconceptions in Psionics – by KMiller
Addresses common misconceptions such as: you must be pure of heart and spirit to work with energy, everyone has equal psionic ability, you can’t be skeptical if you believe in psionics, there is no scientific evidence for the existence of psi, and psi comes from outside the body.
- Fundamental Dynamic Psi – by Mobius, Shadowarrior13 (aka XIII), & Remakai
A set of instructional articles on the basics of psionics. In order:
1) Introduction and Focal Meditation (links to Focal Meditation by Kobok as the lesson)
2) Introduction to Kinetics (links to Introduction to Kinetics by Kobok as the lesson)
3) Introduction to Future Selection
4) Psions: Masters of Transformation
5) Introduction to Inner Meditation and Linking
6) Introduction to Scanning
7) Introduction to the Conceptual Domain
8) Introduction to Energy
9) Constructs, Grounding, and Filtering
- Intro. to Psionics: Basic Psionic Terminology and Synonyms – by PsiPogAuthor (aka KMiller)
Acknowledging that psionics terminology is not consistent in the English-speaking world, this is a quick outline of groups of words that are used to describe approximately the same skill, phenomenon, or person.
- FAQ: Telepathy – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about telepathy, practicing it, and what is possible. Includes a description of what practicing with someone who has shields up for blocking telepathy may feel like.
- FAQ: Shielding – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about shields, including what they can protect you from, whether it’s advisable to have one up all the time, what types of shields there are, and how to put them up and take them down.
- FAQ: Psychokinesis – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about psychokinesis and moving a psiwheel.
- FAQ: Psi Balls – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about psiballs and flaring.
- FAQ: Precognition – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about what is or is not precognition and how to practice to gain more control of it.
- FAQ: Other Skills – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about various topics including scanning, remote presence, clairovoyance, remote viewing, auras, phasing, meditation, and talking to one’s sub-conscious.
- FAQ: Healing – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about both healing others and oneself, the kinds of things that are possible, and how to practice healing safely.
- FAQ: General Questions about Psionics – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about psi, the various abilities, what is possible, and how to train. Includes answers to questions often asked by newbies.
- FAQ: Energy Manipulation – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about energy work, training safely, psiballs, and constructs.
- FAQ: Astral Projection – by Shifted Perspectives
A list of answers to commonly asked questions about astral projection, how to project out of your body, and what can happen while projected.
- About Psionics – by Sephectja
Defines what psionics is and outlines the abilities it encompasses. Explains the role of psi energy in the psionic paradigm and contrasts this to para-psychological research about the mechanic behind psychic abilities, remaining skeptical toward the existence of any subtle energy. Includes cautions about the practice of psionics and the potential risks involved.
- Podcast 3 – by JediKaren & The Adfeng
A recording covering the speakers’ opinions on what psi is and how it feels, the best ways to practice things like psiballs, grounding, shielding, meditation, and various other training methods. Also covers how to practice safely and handle overloads and attacks.
- How to start – by Veritas
Gives an overview of the Veritas Society community, the “metaphysical arts”, and the three paths of the metaphysical arts: psi, chi or body energy, and magick. Includes links to more information on each category, as well as to their Mentoring Program and Courses.
- FAQ on Psychic Abilities and Astral Projection – by Skywind
Answers to questions about whether psychic abilities are real, learning psychic abilities, and learning astral projection.
- Introduction to Psionics, Lecture 1: Terminology, Fluff, and Scanning – by SawyerHickory & Metalforever
Introduced the terminology and the overall paradigm considered acceptable by PsionicsOnline. Explained what scanning is and how to do it. Ended with a practice session.
- Psionics: The Dummies Guide – by Arnick2
Describes what psi is, what it can feel like, and how it can affect your energy system. Lists short definitions of various terms. States that it is harder to do things physically than energetically, and recommends sticking to energy. Suggests starting by learning to scan, then programming basic constructs, and practicing combat and sparring.
- Psionic Terms- About – by Saintbob
A video recommending not to pay so much attention to the terms in psionics that it gets in the way of your practicing.
- Podcast 1 – by NeoPsychic & JediKaren
A recording covering the speakers’ backgrounds and opinions on what psi is, the scientific theories about psi and psionics, why scientific experiments on psi don’t always work, skeptics’ responses to psi, and the difference between psychics and psionics.
- Introduction to Psionics and the Paranormal – by Lucidess
A video discussing what psionics is and the author’s ideas about it. Makes suggestions on how to practice it by learning to “just do it”.